193 Branthaven St,
Ottawa, ON K4A0H7
The average woman in America spends an amazing $313 a month on items to enhance her appearance!
That works out at nearly $4,000 a year and just shy of $250,000 over the course of her life!
This means that free makeup samples are very appealing but are they legit and if so, how do you get them?
We went in search of answers and this is what we found.
The Truth About Free Makeup Samples
Are free makeup samples legit? Yes, though we would note – there are plenty of scams out there too.
Makeup companies know that you will invest large sums in your makeup over the course of a lifetime and they’d like you to spend that money with them.
They figure if they give you a little taste of their brand or product and you like it, they may be winning over a customer who will spend the next 10+ years with them!
In short, free makeup samples are cheap advertising for companies that want to build long-term relationships with you.
How Do You Get Legit Free Makeup Samples?
There are some fairly easy ways to get free makeup samples that you can be positive are legit:
- Join our mailing list. Our carefully curated daily samples aren’t always makeup but when they are – they are guaranteed to be legit.
- Request samples from a makeup store. Yes, just asking at the counters where they sell products you love can often net you a bunch of freebies, this is doubly so if you have a nice Instagram account that you can show the store clerks.
- Join sampling programs from your favorite companies. Most makeup companies run review programs, they give you free (and often full-sized) products in exchange for your feedback.
- Watch out for freebies with purchase promotions. Sure, you have to buy some makeup to qualify but often online stores and real world stores have promos that let you get some extra makeup free with every purchase.
- Follow your favorite companies on social media. Makeup companies often run freebie promotions on their social media channels – particularly Facebook and Instagram.
Watch Out For These Makeup Sample Scams
You can find a lot of legit makeup freebies nearly everywhere you look but sadly, there are also plenty of places that are not legit.
The number one warning sign is the kind of data you are expected to provide to get free stuff.
Your name, address, e-mail and phone number are normal things to ask for.
Your bank details, your credit card number, your social security number, your passport number, etc. are not.
If you find that an offer requires any data like this – walk away.
Don’t worry there will be a legitimate promo from that brand sooner or later, you’re not going to miss out forever.
Final Thoughts On The Truth About Free Makeup Samples
Byrdie says, “the average cost of beauty maintenance for a woman could put you through Harvard.”
With that much money on the line, every penny saved matters and the truth about free makeup samples is this: companies give out lots of free samples because they want your future business.
So, don’t feel bad about taking those samples, grab them as you need them and enjoy a little free beauty in your life!